Kemper's success is heavily influenced by more than 30,000 agents and brokers who represent and sell their products. As a result, they wanted to dig further into these relationships and identify opportunities to better serve the agents and brokers to increase their productivity. There were fours objectives of the study:
- Understand the digital marketing landscape impacting independent Kemper agents representing Kemper preferred and specialty lines.
- Review of other carriers’ social media and what types of tools and resources they seemingly provide to their agent reps.
- Review of Kemper agents’ current digital marketing activities.
- Offer go-forward recommendations on possible digital marketing tactics for Kemper agents.
The feasibility study was broken down into four components:
- Competitive Analysis. We researched up to three competitors in their industry to identify their strengths, weaknesses, and best practices as they related to their website, social media, and search engine ranking pages such as Google.
- Website Audit. We analyzed the performance of Kemper's current website using Google Analytics and Webmaster tools. We reviewed and identified page navigation behavior and patterns, pages that were missing, duplicated or should be redirected including 404 errors, canonical identification, 301 redirects, external links, etc.
- Social Media Audit. We analyzed the performance within their current social media platforms using our Agency-level professional tools. We compared performance metrics against their competitors to identify gaps and opportunities
- SEO Audit. We audited backend programming code based on SEO best practices covering keywords density, content optimization, anchor text optimization, keyword interlinking, keywords proximity and frequency, tags, etc. We identified short- and long-tail keyword phrases they were trying to target, keywords their top competitors were using to drive traffic and online awareness, and inbound linking opportunities.
Professional Talent Videos
The goal of the video project was to produce custom corporate videos building credibility for Kemper's company and team along with showcasing the Kemper value proposition that their distribution channel could send to their potential clients. We worked closely with Kemper stakeholders to develop the video strategy, script, interview questions, storyboard, and gather company-branded digital assets to be used in the videos.
The videos were shot at a professional green screen soundstage located in the Twin Cities with a video crew (hair/makeup, grip, cameraman/audio, director) to get principal videography for all initiatives per pending scripts. We interviewed and hired professional talent with the ear-prompt expertise to be the spokespeople for the videos.